Beauty

THE NEW HD FOUNDATION

Freshly landed is the new and improved hd foundation by Make Up For Ever. And when I say fresh, I mean it literally showed up on my doorstep the day before yesterday. So it might be a little soon to voice a full opinion on it, but I was just too excited to wait. I love trying out beauty bits to share with all of you, what can I say? It’s what I do.

MAKE UP FOR EVER ULTRA HD
MAKE UP FOR EVER ULTRA HD
The Ultra HD Foundation is developed with a new 4K complex formula which is enhanced with:

Amino Acid Coated Pigments – reflective particles that blur flaws and provide translucent, invisible coverage
Hyaluronic Spheres – hydrate and plump the skin for a longer, more comfortable wear
Sericite – a fine grained mica that adds light reflecting properties to create a radiant and luminous effect, mimicking the vibrancy of naturally beautiful skin

As a result, the Ultra HD Foundation is said to provide complete, silky coverage while staying even more invisible, feeling even more comfortable, and looking even more natural.

While I have never tried the original HD Foundation by Make Up For Ever, I can say that I have been instantly won over with the new formula. As someone who isn’t a huge foundation-wearer, I really appreciate just how light feeling this product actually is. I tested it out for a photoshoot the other day, applying with a slightly damp Beauty Blender and building up a couple of layers to see just how skin like it really was. I noticed three things. The coverage was amazing for something that is said to be a light-medium coverage. It looks just like a better version of my own skin. The feel of the foundation was nearly non-existent. I don’t know about you, but that’s basically all the right boxes checked. I felt even more comfortable wearing this foundation than I do with my daily tinted moisturizer. And just to throw it in there, this particular foundation is oil-free as well! Count me impressed.

Now let’s talk about the shade range, which is in a word ridiculous. There are 40 shades available and incase you’re keeping tabs, that’s twice the amount as the original formula. I had quite a hard time choosing which ones to try as I just felt so absolutely daunted by the wide range of shades. If you are in the market to try a new foundation and want to give this one a go, I suggest taking a look at the shade chart which really helped me to decide on what was going to work for me. For my Summer touched skin, the shade Y245 (120 in the original formula) is a nearly perfect match.

If liquid foundation isn’t your scene, then the Ultra HD Foundation Stick might be the one for you. Available in 15 different shades with medium-full coverage it is said to be ideal for touch-ups and contouring for normal-dry skin.

From my first impressions (having now only used it twice), I am super pleased with this new offering and definitely see the Ultra HD Foundation becoming a staple in my makeup routine.

Will you be trying the new foundations by Make Up For Ever?

September 6, 2015 at 11:59 AM

The light in these photos is magical :).

• Sheri
    August 19, 2015 at 3:26 AM

40 SHADES OF MUFE HD… lol sorry i just had to.
    Love the sound of the coverage and the skin-like finish!

Sheri | Behind The Frames

• Angeline
    August 14, 2015 at 10:21 PM

The new packaging looks good as well! Now I’m tempted to try this out – I’ve used their Face and Body Foundation but I was disappointed and hence skeptical to try it in store. But now reading your post makes me wanna try this one! xx

August 17, 2015 at 10:48 AM

It’s seriously amazing stuff! I haven’t stopped using it 😉 xx

• Kristy
    August 14, 2015 at 3:01 AM

I didn’t even know Makeup Forever were releasing a new formula foundation but this one sounds amazing; it really does seem to tick all the boxes. I rarely wear a heavier foundation and love my light bases so this sounds perfect. It is now on my wishlist.

Kristy | http://www.thevioletblonde.com

August 14, 2015 at 9:54 AM

They sure did! Isn’t it great? I’m so excited to hear what more people have to say about is as I’m sure it will become very popular! Let me know if you end up trying it, I’d love to hear what you think 😉 xx

• Holly
    August 13, 2015 at 12:01 PM

Dang it, I already really wanted to try this. Now you make me want to even more. I heard the pixiwoo sisters say it’s a bit more hydrating than the original formula too, which is nice. I really like the idea that it covers so well and feels completely weightless. That is my number one pet peeve with bases – when you can feel them on your skin.
    I’ve got too many things on my “to try list.”

August 13, 2015 at 12:18 PM

Haha, I’m sorry but you HAVE to try this! You know you can always return it if you don’t like it (yah right). I also apologize for the plethora of new Fall beauty launches that are about to make an appearance on LSS *laughs maniacally*. Prepare thyself 😉 xx

• Holly
        August 13, 2015 at 1:26 PM

hahaha you’re evil. It’s wonderful. Ps. just did a Hart + Stone post!! So excited.