Fashion

HOW TO WEAR THE SHEER TREND THIS FALL

One of this seasons hottest trends is sheer clothing, which I’ll admit, seems a little cruel to me. In a place where Fall literally means that it could snow any day now, why on earth would I want to run around in anything but chunky knits and layers? It all comes down to this…fashion. There’s just something about a hint of flesh peeking out through beautiful, sheer fabrics that makes my heart swoon.

Berg + Betts - Life, Set Sail - Photo: Milton Photography
Berg + Betts - Life, Set Sail - Photo: Milton Photography
Berg + Betts - Life, Set Sail - Photo: Milton Photography
Berg + Betts - Life, Set Sail - Photo: Milton Photography
Berg + Betts - Life, Set Sail - Photo: Milton Photography
Take for example the outfit I’m wearing, which just so happened to be on the first day of Fall. I am head over heels for this gorgeous, seventies-inspired blouse from Gentle Fawn. As luck would have it, it was actually a pretty beautiful day when Justine and I took these photos, so the amount of suffering was zero. I think sheer fabrics like these are so flattering and love that the can be worn in a variety of ways. If you’re not into baring that much skin you can slip on a crop top underneath or a high-wasited skirt/pant to allow for bit more modesty. As we get deeper into the Winter months you can bet I wont be giving this piece up, I’ll just layer it under chunky knits and scarves!

I’ve accessorized my outfit with a watch from one of my favourite new brands, Berg + Betts from Edmonton, AB. Each of their pieces is made from 100% rescued leather and come in a variety of styles and shades. The mustard yellow one I’m wearing is a part of their new Fall collection and I think it pairs so beautifully with the dark denim and brown leather boots I’m wearing. As a special treat to you, my wonderful readers, Berg + Betts is offering 30% off with the code LIFESETSAIL through to Oct. 30th should you be interested in purchasing a piece for yourself.

What do you think of the sheer trend, will you dare to bare this Fall?

top: c/o gentle fawn // jeans: paradise mine // boots: jeffrey campbell (old) // watch: c/o berg + betts
-photos by milton photography

[thefeedproducts style=’four’]

• […] pink version has me head over heels, seriously beautiful! See me sporting the classic watch in this […]

• Caitlin
    November 2, 2015 at 6:01 AM

LOVE this and love your makeup here as well – so fitting. xx

• Holly
    October 21, 2015 at 12:02 AM

How did I miss this post before? You look so beautiful. That light it hitting you perfectly.

October 13, 2015 at 12:14 PM

The colouring in these photos is so feminine and light – love them! I also think that sheer is a great texture to mix with knit, fur, and other cold weather textures because It balances the weight.

October 13, 2015 at 6:16 PM

Thanks Anneke! She used different film and another lab this time, but we didn’t think they looked as good as her “normal” photos do. Regardless Justine does such beautiful work. It’s always an honour to shoot with her! We’re doing two new outfits tomorrow, yay! 😉 xx

• Claudia
    October 12, 2015 at 4:44 AM

I love this outfit, looks so gorgeous. That top is so pretty and I need your boots! xx

October 12, 2015 at 10:38 AM

Thanks Claudia! Haha I think I waited a whole year for those to finally go on sale…a labour of love to wait that long 😉 xx

• Lena Parker-Duncan
    October 11, 2015 at 6:47 PM

I will definitely be daring to bare it this fall because today in Los Angeles, it has reached a scorching 100 degrees! I’m originally from New England and I can’t stand this heat!

Lena Parker-Duncan – Graphic Designer and Photographer

October 12, 2015 at 10:37 AM

Oh my goodness, I heard! I for one am extremely jealous, I LOVE the heat! Hang in there 😉 xx

• Adaleta Avdic
    October 11, 2015 at 2:29 PM

I think the trend is lovely & since it’s still 90 degrees here in Arizona, I have to admit I like this trend quite a bit. Light & flowy is perfect! xx, adaatude.com

October 11, 2015 at 5:52 PM

Count me jealous! Girl you’d better take advantage of that glorious weather as long as you can! My in-laws are in Arizona right now – they always go south for the winter…like birds, lol. Wish I was there 😉 xx

• Ela BellaWorld
    October 11, 2015 at 2:10 PM

These photos are absolutely beautiful! Top top is gorgeous, it really suits you!

• Jodie Vernon
    October 10, 2015 at 4:02 AM

Can I just say you look gorgeous in every photo? I wish I could pull off sheer clothing as elegantly as you!

Jodie, xo // Jodie Loue

October 11, 2015 at 5:52 PM

Awe, thank you Jodie, that is so sweet of you to say! xx