Things have been slowing down a bit around here on LSS, so first off I’d like to apologize to those of you who’ve actually been sticking around and commenting even through all the holiday madness. It’s not that I don’t have anything to share, on the contrary I have a lot! But it’s not that fun sharing when there aren’t people around to talk to! I’ve simply been taking a beat to allow people to catch up on things, hope you don’t mind!

Cozy Knits - Life, Set Sail
Cozy Knits - Life, Set Sail
Cozy Knits - Life, Set Sail
Cozy Knits - Life, Set Sail

These photos were taken a couple of months ago. I’m almost embarrassed that they’re just going up now! Anyway, I wanted to share my casual, day off staple, the chunky knit. I’ve been living in this Gentle Fawn Marble Cardi (currently on sale) all Fall and it has yet to steer me wrong. I don’t care if I am short and oversized cardigans do absolutely nothing to help me out in that department, I  love them. What’s not to love about a big, cozy knit?

Back when these photos were taken I was lucky enough to still be running around in bare legs, but unfortunately Winter just hit this week and the temperature has dropped to -13 (today) which is the coldest it’s been this season. Needless to say I am not a fan at all. You can now find me pairing this cardigan with a waffle henley, black skinnies, a pom pom toque, and…still these boots which haven’t left my feet for months. It’s funny that no matter how cold it gets I still refuse to wear socks. Anyone else?

More knits I am loving are the Foster Cardigan by Gentle Fawn, the Ultimate Chunky Cardigan from ASOS, and the Hinge Marled Cardigan over at Nordstrom.

How do you wear your cozy knits?

cardigan: c/o gentle fawn // dress: artzia // boots: c/o ecco // purse: marc by marc jacobs
-photos by milton photography

[thefeedproducts style=’four’]

• Macavm
    March 26, 2016 at 3:58 AM

Love the boots and the cardigan!
    Overall a perfect look.

Love,
    Maca

December 20, 2015 at 12:39 PM

I love these photos Brittany! You did a great job of choosing a background that is complimentary to the colour scheme of your look. I remember reading some tips on great IG photos on another blog and one of the ones that stood out was doing just that. It really takes the photo to the next level. Nice work!

December 20, 2015 at 1:51 PM

Thank you! So funny, it was totally unplanned. We just wanted to stay close to Justine’s place and she’s like, oh lets walk down here a bit I, know a spot that’ll work! Regardless the lack of thought that actually went into location on my part, I’m happy with how the photos turned out 😉 xx

• Tessa
    December 20, 2015 at 12:34 AM

Gorgeous cardigan, I love the pattern! Your bag suits it perfectly 🙂

Tessa at Bramble & Thorn

December 20, 2015 at 11:06 AM

Thank you Tessa! I love that bag, it was the first ever “nice” bag I bought and it’s been my go-to for years now 🙂 xx

• Cherie
    December 19, 2015 at 1:19 PM

I’m short and always wear long-line outerwear! Your photos are lovely, what lens do you use? 🙂

December 19, 2015 at 10:31 PM

I’m glad you feel the same! And thank you, I have a photographer take my fashion photos, she uses a Contax645 (film) though I’m not sure what lens. My own photos (that aren’t credited to Milton Photography) are with a 50mm compact macro lens (Canon). xx

• Cherie
        December 21, 2015 at 1:36 PM

Thanks, I’m getting the Canon 50mm f1.8 STM lens but as it a zoom lens I’m not sure how taking outfit/full length photos with it would work/ how far away I’d have to be etc haha x

December 21, 2015 at 4:21 PM

Ah yes, my macro is a prime lens and it is a total bummer to take outfit photos with as there is no zooming in/out abilities lol. I think you should be fine, I know a lot of people who use their 50mm for everything!

• Leticia | Thee Limited Edition
    December 19, 2015 at 1:00 PM

I am loving this sweater!!! I am short too and don’t even care that I drown in stuff like this! Lol!!