Beauty

THE LATEST IN HD MAKEUP

When it comes to HD makeup needs, Make Up For Ever has got all bases covered. With a life so digitally focused, I can definitely appreciate the efforts that are being made to assure that what’s on my face is being translated on my tech in the best way possible.

Ultra HD Concealer - Life, Set Sail
Ultra HD Concealer - Life, Set Sail
This last year we’ve already seen new HD launches from Make Up For Ever in primers, cream blushes, foundations, and now the recently launched, the HD Concealer. You know me, I love concealer. Basically anything that can promise a flawless yet natural looking complexion, well, I’m all over it.

I love that MUFE has divided this new collection into correctors and concealers with five shades in each category. I surprisingly don’t have a lot of experience with correctors so I was very keen to try out one from this new launch. I chose the shade R22 to test out which is supposed to be good for light to medium skin tones. I figured that the salmon shade would be perfect to counteract the purple hue of my under eye area which just seems to get more apparent the whiter I get…another reason I don’t love Winter.

What I first noticed about this product was the size, which is actually much skinner than I anticipated. It’s about the width of my pinkie finger, though quite long. Even though it looks small it contains a whole 0.23 oz where as the Urban Decay Naked Concealer is 0.16 oz (and $2 more). Just something to note if you think you are being taken for a ride price-wise.

I love the applicator on this one, which comes out of a very fine, almost pin-prick sized opening. I actually much prefer the squeeze tube packaging over a brush applicator, which I tend to get a little grossed-out over the longer I have it.

As far as formula goes, the closest thing I could relate it to is the Clarins Instant Concealer. It’s quite watery and light but a little goes a very long way. I definitely don’t have the creasing issue I tend to have with the Clarins offering so I’m very happy about that. Another thing I love how natural the finish looks! I applied with no other makeup, lightly tapping with my ring finger to blend. It took me about one dot of product on each eye to cover my dark circles.

Then I got really up close and personal with the mirror…like way closer than any human contact you would ever have. Aside from the fact that I no longer had my dark circles, the product seemed to be virtually undetectable. I did notice a very small amount of product (almost not worth mentioning) clinging to a dry patch but certainly not enough to bother me.

The consensus? Err, it’s amazing. I don’t even feel the need to bother with concealer after the corrector as it just does the job so well.

Have you tried the new HD Concealer? I’d love to hear your thoughts!

[thefeedproducts style=’four’]

• Jennifer
    January 29, 2016 at 3:06 PM

These look delish! Have heard so many good things about this concealer, I have the most stubborn skin when it comes to concealer I usually just don’t bother but I’ll have to try it

xx

February 6, 2016 at 4:51 PM

You should definitely give this a try! It’s so light and moisturizing but really works well and, most importantly, stays put! I get so annoyed with concealer creasing, so it’s nice to finally find one that checks all the right boxes! xx

• Kristi Beth
    January 27, 2016 at 11:57 AM

I’ve heard so many good things about this concealer. I think I need to try it!

Kristi | Be Loverly

• Holly
    January 27, 2016 at 10:59 AM

Totes ma goats agree. Love it. Excellent pigmentation and still looks natural. I haven’t seen anything quite like it at Sephora. Though sometimes I wish MUFE would have slightly nicer packaging.

January 27, 2016 at 7:25 PM

Haha, I actually like the packaging! It’s not super glam or anything but I like that it’s just sort of basic but still feels quality. Oh MUFE, you can do no wrong in my eyes 😉 xx

• 204park
    January 27, 2016 at 9:20 AM

This stuff sounds amazing! I need to get on this stat!

• Makeup Monster
    January 27, 2016 at 7:05 AM

Ah I’m dying to try this!

• Tessa
    January 27, 2016 at 1:00 AM

All of these sound absolutely amazing, I think I need to get my hands on that concealer!

Tessa at Bramble & Thorn

• A Little Dose of Makeup
    January 26, 2016 at 5:53 PM

I have to try this new concealer! I have been hearing so many rave reviews!

xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

• Celina
    January 26, 2016 at 5:37 PM

I had the opportunity to try this concealer as well and it is amazing! I didn’t primer or powder after applying it and it lasted all day crease free. I was worried that I would run out of the product quite quickly at first as I saw how tiny the tube was, but I applied such little product and had such great results. I’m sure it will last me an incredibly long time. xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

January 27, 2016 at 7:26 PM

YES! I’m so impressed with it. So nice to have something so natural and light with NO creases! Sold. xx

• Kiran
    January 26, 2016 at 5:11 PM

Everyone has raved so unanimously about this range that I think I must cave and splurge. I have the Original HD foundation which I love and have been told is more suitable for my oily skin but I think I might have to try out the Ultra HD immediately. Beautiful post as always x

Kiran | http://www.alittlekiran.co.uk

January 27, 2016 at 7:28 PM

I never actually got the chance to try the original foundation…actually the new version is what converted me to even using foundation in the first place! Up until now I’ve strictly been a tinted moisturizer kind of girl. But man, the whole line is just incredible! xx