One piece from my closet that has been on repeat this Winter is, to no surprise, a coat…duh. But oh what a coat it is! The Margaret Windowpane Coat from Paper Crown is cozy, stylish and (most importantly) versatile.

Blue Lenses - Life, Set Sail
Windowpane Coat - Life, Set Sail
Louboutins - Life, Set Sail
Windowpane Coat - Life, Set Sail
Blue Lenses - Life, Set Sail

Those who know me should not be surprised at the palette selection of the outfit above because, in typical Brittany style, it includes all of my favourite colours…or rather shades. I adore soft greys, creams, and most of all blush…a far cry from my hot pink and red outfit combos as a child.

When it comes to dressing I love to keep things simple and feminine. As a general rule of thumb, if it’s not comfortable I usually won’t wear it. Because I dress like this, I love to add pops of interesting texture or colour into my outfits as well, you know, so I’m not being completely boring. The Finlay & Co Pembroke Sunglasses in light blue are a recent obsession of mine. Actually, scratch that, all Finlay & Co sunglasses are flipping amazing. You can see me wearing this pair with their gold mirror clip-on lens in this post and the same pair in tortoise here. See, I told you I was obsessed.

To jazz things up further I’ve borrowed Justine’s (the photographers) Louboutin’s, I die. Funny story, that photo of the red soles is my most liked photo on Instagram at nearly 3,000 likes. It even dragged in an extra 250+ followers which just goes to show that I need a pair of Louboutin’s in my life. Should I start a fund?

Lastly, I’ve accessorized with a pair of vintage Weiss earrings from Sweet and Spark which have quickly become one of my most treasured items in my jewellery box.

As for everyday style, this windowpane coat also looks great with a plaid top, skinny jeans, and ankle boots. Or, take a cue from Jess of Prosecco & Plaid and pair with the matching skirt and over-the-knee boots!

What’s your most worn item been this Winter?

coat and top: c/o paper crown // pants: aritzia // shoes: louboutin // earrings: sweet and spark // sunglasses: c/o finlay & co
-photos by milton photography

• Claudia
    January 13, 2016 at 11:03 AM

Totally start a Louboutin’s fund! I need to as well. Gorgeous outfit! xx

• Melanie
    January 12, 2016 at 4:22 PM

You are SUCH a babe! I love this entire look 🙂

• Jennifer
    January 10, 2016 at 3:58 PM

I’m clearly not the first to say this but hello shoessssss. This look looks stunning on you Brittany! I splurged a little on a navy peacoat but I’ve been wearing it religiously. PS definitely start a fund.

xx

January 10, 2016 at 9:34 PM

Awe, thanks Jenn! Haha, can’t go wrong investing in a nice peacoat, that’ll last you for years! Also, I like the way you think 😉 xx

• Jordan
    January 9, 2016 at 8:37 AM

Absolutely love this look! THOSE SHOES though!!

hellomissjordan.com xx

January 8, 2016 at 5:28 PM

On second glance, these glasses are putting out major retro vibes. I hadn’t noticed on IG, but completely love it! I also happen to think that there’s nothing boring about wearing what suits you (especially if it involves window pane checks and Pantone’s colour of the year!). So many girls are slaves to their clothes and you can tell by the look on their face. These photos are proof that comfort can override most aggravations; including a super cold day! Next time call me and I’ll be your between-shot-blanket-wrap-arounder ;).

January 10, 2016 at 9:33 PM

Haha, SO true! Sometimes I’m a slave to my heels…and a lot of times my bra, but I think generally I like to be kind to myself 😉 xx

• Kelsey
    January 8, 2016 at 2:36 PM

I mean if that isn’t a sign that you need some Louboutin’s I don’t know what is! 🙂 That jacket is so cute and I just found another jacket from Paper Crown that is stunning. I had no idea they had such cute and sensible clothes! xo
    Kelsey | http://www.abalancingpeach.com

January 8, 2016 at 2:56 PM

Hahaha, right!? And yes, the whole Paper Crown collection is absolutely gorgeous, not to mention comfortable! Their pieces are definitely some of the most-loved in my closet 🙂 xx

• Laura Jane Atelier
    January 8, 2016 at 12:34 AM

your coat is amazing, love the lighting in these photos

xo

January 8, 2016 at 11:08 AM

Thank you Laura! Can you believe it was -10 that day!? Haha, trying to hard not to look cold 😉 xx