Beauty

BURBERRY RUNWAY ’16

It doesn’t matter how many products I own, every time I’m sent something new to try I get just as excited as I did before I started this whole beauty blogging madness! I was recently introduced to some of the new offerings from the Burberry Runway 2016 collection and it is absolutely wonderful!

Burberry Runway - Life, Set Sail
Burberry Runway - Life, Set Sail
Burberry Runway - Life, Set Sail
Burberry Runway - Life, Set Sail
This is my first time trying out the Burberry beauty line, though I’ve wanted to for a very long time! Let’s just say that the Pale Barley Eyeshadow haunts me on a daily basis. Unfortunately my freelance lifestyle does not support my want/need of luxury makeup items. Ah well, all in the name of freedom! Anyway, let’s get on with the good stuff…

The Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base comes in two different shades, which may not seem like a lot but are both very versatile and meant to work with every skin tone. It’s to be used as you would a moisturizer…warm up between the hands and apply with fingertips all over the face, neck, shoulders, or really wherever you want a bit of healthy glow. You can back in with extra product to give some extra highlight to specific points (cupids bow, cheekbones etc.). Take it one step further and apply to lids mixed with the Wet & Silk Eyeshadow and you’re left with a healthy dose of colour that blends perfectly with the rest of your look. For us paler girls, the darker shade can be used to add a sun-kissed glow to the skin. See, I told you it was versatile!

While we’re on the topic of complexion, let me introduce you to the Runway Palette! Now I’m not exactly sure why Burberry calls these palettes as there is only one shade, but I’ll let it slide. Regardless the name, just look at that product! If you love a good highlight and are a sucker for gorgeous packaging, well then add this one to your beauty wish list! Shades available include White Gold and Nude Gold and are meant to add a subtle highlight, the perfect tool for the runway-inspired strobing technique. Though I really love every piece mentioned here, this is the one product that I am totally and completely obsessed with.

If, like me, you love convenience, the Eye Colour Contour is a product that you are sure to love! I am a huge fan of eyeshadow pens, especially ones as creamy as these! Simply glide along the lid and blend with fingertip or brush. The range features seven nude shades (three matte and four pearl finishes) that are crease-free and waterproof. If that doesn’t sound like the perfect Spring/Summer product, I don’t know what does! Pictured above is the shade Pale Copper.

Looking to add a pop of colour to your look? Recently added to the Lip Velvet Lipsticks is the shade Oxblood which is the quintessential Burberry shade and the perfect topper to your healthy, glowing complexion! I am such a huge fan of this shade, which is so flattering in every way.

Lastly I wanted to touch on a new nude nail polish obsession, the shade Stone, a subtle and flattering shade inspired by the iconic Burberry trench coat. I can definitely see myself wearing this shade on repeat (confession, its been weeks since I’ve worn anything else) and love that it gives a finished and effortlessly chic vibe without being in your face. It’s these types of nude shades that I find so flattering, because they really elongate the hands.

What do you think of the new offerings from Burberry? Anything you’re dying to try?

-photos by milton photography
[thefeedproducts style=’four’]

• Caitlin Sowers
    May 18, 2016 at 10:02 AM

Oh Burberry makeup, it is such art! They have the most beautiful packaging I have seen yet. Stunning photos too, just as magical as the makeup xx

May 22, 2016 at 2:54 PM

Seriously, I couldn’t agree more! Sigh. And thank you, so sweet of you to say 🙂 xx

• FEBRUARY FAVOURITES - Life Set Sail
    March 7, 2016 at 11:39 AM

[…] lot of new favourites, and if you want to read more about them you can check out those posts here, here, and […]

• Wanischa
    February 21, 2016 at 10:18 AM

I have the Fresh Glow Fluid, I am not 100% sure how to use it haha. I still need to try more Burberry makeup because they look so pretty!

February 21, 2016 at 4:17 PM

It’s really just meant to be used as you would a moisturizer (except it adds glow). I apply it after my normal moisturizer or primer and then do my make up as usual, but I especially enjoy it on “just concealer days” because it really enhances your natural complexion 🙂 xx

February 21, 2016 at 10:05 AM

Everytime I see you in that polish, I’m draw to it – such a great colour!

February 21, 2016 at 4:18 PM

Haha, I know your love for the nudes all too well 😉 xx

• Maddy
    February 21, 2016 at 7:14 AM

Love the lipstick, the deep red is amazing on you!
    Maddy, xo

• Holly
    February 20, 2016 at 6:25 PM

Okay I’m now crippled with envy. I wish I was on their PR list. Also you look insanely beautiful as usual.

• Celina
    February 20, 2016 at 3:34 PM

I adore Burberry makeup and Pale Barley is a huge staple in my collection. After catching the news on these new releases, I was dying to give the Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base a go. I very recently decided to go cruelty free though, so new Burberry products probably won’t be making their way into my collection anymore. Their products are absolutely lovely though so for those who don’t strictly buy cruelty free products, I would highly recommend Burberry products! xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

February 20, 2016 at 3:42 PM

Oh man, I LOVE it! It’s a great product, though a little extravagant for essentially a moisturizer, I’ve really been enjoying it. Good for you for cruelty free! Any new discoveries you’re loving yet? xx

• Celina
        February 20, 2016 at 3:59 PM

Not yet! I haven’t really had a chance go do a haul of some newer products yet, but I definitely have a list going for the VIB sale in April. I can’t wait! xx

February 20, 2016 at 5:04 PM

Ah hah! Fantastic plan 😉

• Celina
            February 20, 2016 at 5:09 PM

Do you have a wishlist going? The bi-annual VIB sales are probably some of my favourite times of the year.

February 21, 2016 at 4:19 PM

Surprisingly no haha. I have too much makeup to know what to do with right now. I usually use the VIB sales to stock up on my daily staples, but can’t say I’m needing anything just yet! Maybe pick up a couple of brow pencils? Gosh, I’m boring.