Beauty

CHARLOTTE TILBURY – ROCK CHICK

When it comes to beauty brands, Charlotte Tilbury’s has to definitely fall into my “most coveted” category. Her entire brand aesthetic and product range is one that just gets me. Today I wanted to talk about some recent products I’ve received from the Rock Chic collection and which ones are my absolute must-haves!

Charlotte Tilbury Rock Chick - Life, Set Sail
I am still fairly new to the Charlotte Tilbury line, so it’s been nice to get to test out a range of products lately. Before I tried anything I visited the CT YouTube channel and was delighted to find a look dedicated to exactly these products. In Charlotte’s How to create the Rock Chick Makeup Look video she offers two different ways to wear this look (day and night). I don’t know about you, but sometimes I feel a little overwhelmed with new products and a good way to get some inspiration is to look to other bloggers and YouTubers for their tips and tricks before I dive in!

My absolute favourite item of the lot has to be the Cheek to Chic Swish & Pop blush in First Love…what can I say, I’m a blush girl. I know the whole swish and pop technique is totally gimmicky, but the product itself is just beautiful and I love the peachy-brown colour of this shade too! Of course the packaging, as with all CT beauty products, is absolutely lust-worthy.

I’ve also really been loving the Lip Lustre in Blondie which I think has to be a universally flattering shade. Its fairly translucent peachy hue is packed with shimmer and great on it’s own, or to top off your lipstick. Both the Lip Cheat Pencil and K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick shades I received suit it perfectly (Iconic Nude and Nude Kate). I don’t own a lot of nude lip products so it’s been fun trying something a bit more true nude than I’m used to. Both the pencil and the lipstick are nicely hydrating and creamy, allowing for no tugging on application.

As far as eyes go, the Feline Flick liner is quite a nice basic (felt tipped) liquid liner, though definitely not worth the splurge in my opinion. It retails for about $40 CAD, but I feel like I could get the same thing at the drug store for well under $15. That being said, I personally wouldn’t ever buy a liner over $25 because, let’s face it, the life expectancy of liquid liner is not long folks! I’m also pretty unimpressed with the Full Fat Lashes mascara, which retails for about the same price as the liner. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy using it, but for a completely different look. If you like simply enhancing your own lashes, this is a great option for you. It will separate and lengthen your lashes, but don’t expect anything dramatic (at least that’s the case with my personal experience). The one thing it does have going for it is that the tip of the wand it specifically designed to easily grasp the bottom lashes when used vertically, resulting in a doll-like effect.

Lastly, the Rock Chick eyeshadow palette is a great staple to have in your beauty arsenal for the quintessential smokey eye. You can wear just a couple of shades (the top two) for a subtle day-time look, or all together for a very glam evening look. The glittery shade has quite a bit of fall out, but is gorgeous placed in the centre of the lid for an extra added pop! The quality of the shadows is great with good pigmentation, lasting wear, and easy blending capabilities. If you really want to treat yourself, a CT eyeshadow palette is definitely something that wont disappoint!

Of course, how could I go without saying something about that adorable makeup bag!? I was in desperate need of a new one, and am now totally smitten with this. It can hold quite a lot of product and has an adorable design with lipstick kisses on one side and a quote on the other.

Have you tried any of these products? What’s your favourite item from the CT beauty range?

Stay tuned, I’ll be posting some looks with these products in the near future!

-photos by milton photography

• FEBRUARY FAVOURITES - Life Set Sail
    March 7, 2016 at 10:11 AM

[…] have a lot of new favourites, and if you want to read more about them you can check out those posts here, here, and […]

• Ambar Syed
    March 2, 2016 at 4:06 AM

It looks beautiful! Charlotte Tilbury is an amazing makeup range 🙂
    – Ambar x

• Emma Louise
    February 28, 2016 at 1:14 PM

I haven’t tried anything from CT yet! I am dying to try the lipsticks and blushes.
    Emmy | Emmys Beauty Cave | Bloglovin

February 28, 2016 at 4:07 PM

They’re such a treat! I literally want everything haha 😉 xx

• Jennifer
    February 27, 2016 at 6:00 AM

Fortunately Charlotte Tilbury is so easy to pick up here in London so I think I’ve worked my way through the entire range! You should try out Wonderglow/Light Wonder if you haven’t already and her shadow sticks are the most fabulous one and done eye products. Gorgeous photos yet again lovely!

xx

February 27, 2016 at 11:58 AM

Haha, well done you! I would definitely love to be able to say the same ;)xx

• Holly
    February 25, 2016 at 9:23 PM

You. Dog.

February 25, 2016 at 3:54 PM

Great review Brittany! Thanks for the tip about searching for beauty videos when trying out new product – it’s a great idea that I will definitely be trying out!

February 26, 2016 at 7:53 PM

Do it! I’m always telling Mel the same thing haha. There is so much out there. I really love Karima McKimmie from Australia. You should check her out 😉 xx

February 29, 2016 at 11:06 AM

I’ll definitely check her out – thanks for the hot tip!

• Jaime, GirlLovesGloss.com
    February 24, 2016 at 12:11 AM

I actually ADORE the mascara, and get some serious drama with it (in fact, I get asked about my lashes several times a week by strangers when I wear it – no joke!). It really builds up well, I find. I agree with the Feline Flick pen though – mine started to show signs of drying out after just a handful of uses, when my Kat Von D Tattoo liner in trooper is still hanging on 6+ months! I’m a blush girl too, and have shades Ecstasy (gorgeous peach) and Love Glow (golden pink) and both are stunning. Another huge favourite is the Pillow Talk Lip Cheat, and I’m not normally a lipliner girl.

February 25, 2016 at 11:50 AM

Jealous, you must tell me your secret! I find it builds up well too, but I really have to use a lot and then it still isn’t crazy dramatic. I’m stumped! I still haven’t tried to Kat Von D liner, even though it’s SO popular! My favourite is the Clinique Super Easy one because of it’s brush tip instead of felt. The product comes out straight away and has truly lasted me ages! Pillow Talk is definitely on my list, though I do love the Iconic Nude one very much. Only this last year have I started to use lip liners and the CT one has definitely become a quick favourite. I also really love the Clarins ones 🙂 xx

• Celina
    February 23, 2016 at 9:29 PM

You have to try the CT Filmstar Bronze & Glow. It is absolutely incredible! Be careful with the blush by the way. Mine actually smashed into pieces after a few months of regular use and all I was doing was putting it back into my Muji drawers. I guess it’s because it’s a soft blush formula and it is also technically two pieces (the centre and the ring). xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

February 23, 2016 at 9:35 PM

Oh my gosh, now I’m terrified! I hope it doesn’t break, that would just be too sad. And the Bronze & Glow is definitely on my list! I’ve heard such great things 😉 xx

• Celina
        February 23, 2016 at 9:37 PM

I’m going to try to fix it with that alcohol trick at some point but it will never be the “nipple blush” anymore ahaha

February 25, 2016 at 11:50 AM

Hahaha, I’ve never heard it called that before, but you are totally right 😛